wallachian silver coin of Vladislav II

For those who don't speak romanian

Moderatori: vlahul, berserkr

wallachian silver coin of Vladislav II

Mesajde TEPEM » 10 Mar 2012, 01:09

Hello everyone,

I have recently got my hands on this coin.
It weights 0,5 gr. and its diametr is 15 mm.

By now I have attributed it as a Vladislav II silver coin (common wallachian type ducat - as according to the naming convention from this source) of the 1st type.

In MBR there is a variaty of this type coins that differ in legend and image details. Unfortunately I only have a scanned copy of the book and quality of the pictures is terrible so I cannot tell for sure what variety it is.

Can you please confirm that I identified subject correctly being either 257 (page 31) or 258 (page 32)?

Will be thankful if someone owing a hardcopy of the book compares my photo with the picture from the book.

Thank you in advance!
Nu aveti permisiunea de a vizualiza fisierele atasate acestui mesaj.
TEPEM

Mesajde uncetatean » 10 Mar 2012, 15:24

If you look to the MBR at description of each number attributed to the coins you can see that for number 257 the legend is IWBЛAД---ИCЛBOHBД and for others is IWBЛAДИ---CЛBOHBД. So your coin can be 256, 258-261. After others description of that classification I think yours is more close to number 261, but it is more right to note like MBR 256-261. There are some new articles about the Vladislav II coins with other classification.

http://aurelvilcu.files.wordpress.com/2 ... slavii.pdf

http://istorie.uab.ro/publicatii/colect ... iulavu.pdf

http://monederomanesti.cimec.ro/art/O%2 ... oscuta.pdf
uncetatean

Mesajde TEPEM » 11 Mar 2012, 03:05

uncetatean, many thanks for your link - I will need to spend more time reading it more carefully, but finally I was able to identify my coin: I believe it's number 3 on page 183 from "Simpozion de Numizmatica" document.

Many thanks for the useful links again - cheers!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go." © Oscar Wilde
TEPEM

Mesajde uncetatean » 21 Apr 2013, 11:26

Cateva monede Vladislav II vandute pe ebay in ultima perioada. Dupa clasificarea din articolul de mai sus (Vilcu si Gramaticu - despre ducatii lui Vladislav II) sunt tipul Ba si Bb.
Ultima oara modificat de uncetatean pe 21 Apr 2013, 12:29, modificat 1 data in total.
uncetatean

Mesajde uncetatean » 21 Apr 2013, 11:29

Alte 3 monede.
uncetatean

Inapoi la English corner